Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Road Trips

200 Thousand Miles!!! that's Right!!!

I just had to make a note of my truck turning over 200,000 miles. GOOD TRUCK!!! I bought it used (2002?) with like 88,000 and put a new transmission in it at 95,000 (that stung).. but overall... it's been a good truck, and I hope it just keeps chugging along!!

I'd been keeping a watch on the mileage for a while (hoping to take this picture), and sort of lucked out that it happened on a Saturday on my way to Fort Collins/Wellington. I decided I would stop and take a picture of the mileage and where ever it was at that point in time, and as I pulled out of Laramie I realized I might be able to drive to a spot I'd been meaning to visit for a while.... and take the picture there. I hit 200,000 about 0.7 miles from where I wanted to be. So I took the picture and then headed up the road a little ways.

I was headed to the Ames Monument. You may never have heard of it.


For WHY it's here see:

http://www.roadsideamerica.com/story/2259


No comments: