Wednesday, December 3, 2008

I'm loosing more Biochemestry by taking this class.....

So after creating my blog... and answering e-mails... I got back to the good ol' Biochem. Basically, our Prof. allowed us to correct our own Multiple Choice section of the previous exam to get some extra points ( I'm not even going to start in on "MULTIPLE CHOICE" for Biochemistry???? What the hell????). We knew how many answers we got wrong, but not which ones.... so for every one we corrected we could get 1 point (of the original 3 possible points) back. Sounds like a good way to study and earn some points, eh??? You would THINK so. I spent Thanksgiving with my parents.... and spent 8 hours + working with my Dad (PhD in Psychology- does Brian Biochemistry work...) and even picked my uncle's brain ( PhD in Biochemistry )... and still had questions without a CLEAR CUT right answer (poorly written questions). SO, I spent BOO-KOO time continuing to work on it... and proceeded to answer 13 questions differently.... which is GREAT except that I only got 11 wrong. He had us write up WHY we changed our answers... so I made a note to him that I Knew I had changed 13 when I only got 11 wrong... and I hoped he'd look at my answers and consider the logic. Hell, wouldn't it just be like me to LOOSE points trying to make points... Open Book.... Open Notes... help of TWO PhDs... yep, this class is GREAT for me. Ok... ok, I know one of the biggest problems is my shooting myself in the foot.... if I had JUST given UP earlier and gone and talked to the Prof or TA I probably could have gotten the answer to which ones I was messing myself up on.... but I JUST could NOT believe that I could not figure it out myself... and technically, I thought I would learn more trying to LEARN it.... and if I did not HAVE to get a B in the class for Graduate Questions, I'd be kicking myself a little less.. but right now I have a C... and a good Shot at a B... but the way I read his questions... who knows what the hell I'll do on the final!!!!!! Good god, shoot me now.

2 comments:

Shanster said...

And that is what happens when you try to LEARN!!

Yay - you started a blog! Now I have MORE procrastination avenues at work...

Kelley said...

HA~!HA~!HA~! Glad I could help keep your mind off work. It's helped me keep my mind off school. : ) Darn learning.
I'm having fun with the layout... now we'll see if I have anything worth saying and the motivation to keep it going..... : )