Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Locks of Love

http://www.locksoflove.org/donate.html

I have been wanting to donate to locks of love for a while now. However, I thought you had to donate 12 inches, and I just never had enough to cut off 12 inches and still have enough hair to pull back and out of my face (and if I can't get it out of my face... I am NOT a happy camper). Well, last year I cut off 6 inches because my hair just really took off. Then I found out you only need 10 inches to donate. So, I decided if my hair grew as well, I would donate this year. What with leaving Fort Collins and starting graduate school... I did not get around to it over the summer. November came around, and I decided it was time.
Most of it is 14 inches long, but at the longest point is was 16 inches. I got a little over zealous once I decided to cut. I JUST had enough to pull back once we were done. The lady at the local "in and out" hair place did a great job. I'm really pleased. It's been about 15 years since I cut my hair short, and it is a lot of fun to have a "pony" tail that swings back and forth when I move my head. : )



2 comments:

Shanster said...

Pie and Hair... there has to be a really sick joke in there somewhere! Your hair looks GREAT! I can't wait to see it live and up close! :)

Kelley said...

Well...if Ms Pace was in on this... I'm sure it would got into the gutter in no time.... : )